About the job
POSITION TYPE: FULL-TIME EXEMPT
The Auditor is responsible for executing audit engagements, including internal, operational and compliance audits. The Auditor will work with the Delivery Manager and client to ensure the various components of the audit engagement are performed, appropriate conclusions reached, and recommendations developed, while also honing skills in audit, technology, compliance, and security areas.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform testing on client audit engagements from start to completion.
- Audit test procedures for IT controls across a range of areas/technologies (e.g., IT General Controls, application controls, system implementations, cybersecurity, privacy, database management systems, operating systems, ERPs).
- Review transactions, documents, records, reports, and methods for accuracy and effectiveness.
- Document acceptable audit workpapers and results with minimal intervention from management.
- Perform multiple projects and competing priorities in a rapidly-growing, fast-paced, team environment.
- Execute audits within the project budget and timeline.
- Complete assignments in an efficient manner while ensuring high quality is maintained.
- Perform audit work in accordance with firm methodologies and professional standards.
- Conduct interviews and proactively communicate with key client management to gather information, resolve problems, and identify recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Communicate audit findings and engagement status to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Develop working relationships with personnel from various functional areas.
- Assist with the tracking and monitoring of action plans and remediation.
- Acquire a basic understanding of clients’ business, including objectives, services, operations, processes, IT systems, and controls.
- Acquire an intermediate level of technical competency in audit, compliance, and security areas.
- Continue to learn from daily job experience and the study of internal audit standards, procedures, tools, and techniques.
- Research and recommend process, security, technology, operations, and compliance enhancements.
- Participate in team and company-wide initiatives aimed at continually improving firm processes and offerings.
- Manage and perform position duties to ensure annual targets and goals are met.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice, as allowed by law.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred
- 3+ years of experience required with a bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of successful Sales Coordinator experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations software systems.
- Strong project management, time management, analytical, interpersonal, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Professional interpersonal skills with a dedication to superior client service.
- Ability to build effective internal and client relationships with a positive and cooperative attitude.
- Willing to take personal responsibility/accountability, and to go beyond expectations.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and prioritize multiple objectives in a rapidly changing environment.
- Self-motivated with ability to complete assignments within time constraints and budgets.
- Sound judgment and ability to maintain utmost confidentiality.
This job operates in a professional virtual remote work environment. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium-distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to routinely operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, scanner, copier, writing tools, scissors, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 25 lbs.
Occasional/minimal travel is expected for this position.
Unfortunately, at this time, we can’t consider candidates that require sponsorship or are outside of the United States.
CyberGuard Compliance, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APPLY BELOW ON YOUR DESKTOP DEVICE