Whereas SOC 1 audits comprise internal controls over financial reporting, SOC 2 audits focus on controls at a service organization relevant to the following five Trust Services Principles and Criteria:
- Security: The system is protected against unauthorized access, use, or modification;
- Availability: The system is available for operation and use as committed or agreed;
- Processing Integrity: System processing is complete, valid, accurate, timely, and authorized;
- Confidentiality: Information designated as confidential is protected as committed or agreed; and
- Privacy: The system’s collection, use, retention, disclosure, and disposal of personal information are in conformity with the commitments in the service organization’s privacy notice and with criteria set forth in the Generally Accepted Privacy Principles (GAPP).
For more detailed information regarding SOC 2 audits, please download our free overviews through the below links:
The CyberGuard Compliance Difference
Unlike most CPA and professional service firms, we do not view ourselves as a simple third-party vendor who is tasked with helping you seek a means to an end. Rather, our team establishes a very close-knit relationship with your team, becoming a trusted partner to your business. CyberGuard Compliance always keeps your goals and priorities at the forefront of our services delivery process.
As your trusted service partner, we are your one-stop shop for all your IT compliance and cybersecurity needs. Our tailored compliance solutions and efficient auditing methods allow your company to not only save on audit and compliance costs, but more importantly, reduces your internal level of effort and time your key personnel spend on annual compliance projects. Contact us today to speak to one of our team members and experience the CyberGuard Compliance difference.
To learn about the SOC 2 audit and the benefits it provides, please watch our videos: