The HITRUST Common Security Framework (CSF) is a comprehensive security framework used by healthcare organizations and their business associates to effectively and efficiently approach regulatory compliance and risk management needs. HITRUST unifies recognized standards and regulatory requirements from NIST, HIPAA/HITECH, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, FTC, COBIT, CSA Cloud Controls, and various state specific regulations. HITRUST CSF normalizes compliance requirements and provides clarity and consistency lacking in many standards and regulations making it the most widely-adopted IT security framework in the U.S. healthcare industry.
Obtaining a HITRUST Certification will demonstrate that your company is in compliance with the required safeguards in place to protect ePHI data. It will assist your company by:
- Providing a competitive advantage and demonstrating that your company has implemented the necessary controls to safeguard sensitive ePHI and mitigated the risks of it being compromised.
- Satisfying the requirements of many health organizations that their Business Associates are in compliance with the HITRUST CSF.
- Implementing a security framework that incorporates a variety of standards and regulatory requirements including those specific to the healthcare industry.
CyberGuard’s HITRUST CSF facilitated self-assessment, validated assessment, and advisory services can help covered entities and business associates prepare for CSF adoption, implementation, and certification.
Why Choose CyberGuard?
CyberGuard understands the requirements defined by HITRUST and the healthcare industry. Our assessment methodology will ensure an efficient and effective security audit. Other attributes that set CyberGuard apart include:
- CyberGuard is a certified HITRUST Assessor and a licensed CPA firm that can perform SOC 2 audits in conjunction with HITRUST assessments. This approach saves our client’s time and resources by satisfying multiple compliance initiatives at once.
- We have a streamlined methodology to assist covered entities and business associates with cyber risk programs that are in sync with the HITRUST CSF certification requirements.
- Our client satisfaction is unparalleled in our industry. CyberGuard will be with your company every step of the way to ensure you satisfy your compliance requirements.