(See all job postings)
REPORTS TO: DELIVERY MANAGER
CyberGuard Compliance is a professional Certified Public Accounting firm dedicated to a positive client experience when delivering audit and compliance services. The Senior Associate will help develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and assess clients' satisfaction, demonstrate proficiency with auditing concepts, and apply them to client situations, as well as identify and effectively communicate accounting and auditing matters to the client and internal management.
- Lead client audit engagements from start to completion, which includes coordinating, executing, and reporting on internally-staffed and co-sourced audits.
- Audit and design test procedures for IT controls across a range of areas/technologies (e.g., IT General Controls, application controls, system implementations, cybersecurity, privacy, database management systems, operating systems, ERPs).
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities in a rapidly-growing, fast-paced, team environment.
- Execute complex audits within the project budget and timeline.
- Assist in all aspects of audits, including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, draft report review, and follow-up and verification of issue closure.
- Support Engagement Manager in preparing and managing engagement project plans, timelines, budgets, and economics.
- Document audit workpapers, results, and reports with minimal intervention from management.
- Complete assignments in an efficient manner while ensuring high quality is maintained.
- Perform audit work in accordance with firm methodologies and professional standards.
- Conduct interviews with client personnel, and address client questions regarding clarification of controls and processes.
- Present and communicate status and findings to client personnel; keep supervisors informed in a timely manner of the engagement status and identified issues.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems, and identify recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Develop working relationships with personnel from various functional areas.
- Assist with the tracking and monitoring of action plans and remediation.
- Acquire an understanding of clients’ business, including objectives, services, operations, processes, IT systems, and controls.
- Demonstrate and maintain technical competency in audit, compliance, and security areas.
- Continue to learn from daily job experience and the study of internal audit standards, procedures, tools, and techniques.
- Research and recommend process, security, technology, operations, and compliance enhancements.
- Participate in team and company-wide initiatives aimed at continually improving firm processes and offerings.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field from an accredited institution
- Hold relevant security or audit industry certification (e.g., CISA, CISM, CISSP, CIA), or able to obtain within one year of employment.
- Experience performing SOC 1 / SOC 2, PCI DSS, HITRUST, or ISO 27001 assessments is a plus.
- Knowledge of IT risks and controls, concepts, audit methodology, practices, and procedures.
- Awareness of prevailing IT risk management and cybersecurity risk management standards (COBIT, NIST CSF, ISO, etc.).
- Knowledge of and experience assessing core IT infrastructure platforms (OS/400, Windows, UNIX, Oracle, SQL) and/or IT infrastructure / network components (domain controllers, firewalls, routers, IDS/IPS, etc.).
- Understanding of cloud platforms and technologies is a plus.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management, time management, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Professional interpersonal skills with a dedication to superior client service.
- Ability to build effective internal and client relationships.
- Positive and cooperative attitude.
- Willing to take personal responsibility/accountability, and to go beyond expectations.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in individual and team settings with minimum supervision.
- Self-motivated with ability to complete assignments within time constraints and budgets.
- Sound judgment and ability to maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Medical insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday pay
Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot consider candidates that require sponsorship or are outside of the United States.
CyberGuard Compliance, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.